Improve ONE thing: Paediatric QI change champions
Online course open now
Workshop 1: 3rd April 2019
Workshop 2: 2nd May 2019
Improve ONE thing: Paediatric QI change champions – is an innovative course designed for professionals at the London School of Paediatrics. QIClearn brings together paediatric trainees, consultants, nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals with patients and their carers. Working alongside each other QIClearn will support you to design, test and implement meaningful improvements in 16 weeks.
The Improve ONE thing ethos is about providing the right balance of theory and practice. So, we focus on the practical elements of improvement science and how improvement works on the ground in your healthcare context. This approach is supplemented by online learning which is designed to be ‘bite-sized’ and manageable for busy professionals.
Our instructors will support you to identify and describe a problem that you would like to work on, practice using quality improvement tools and techniques, implement small cycles of change and measure whether your changes have made a difference to patient care. Your work will be supported by a group of mentors who have experience in using quality improvement methods in paediatric services. Their local expertise is also invaluable to the long-term sustainability of your improvements.
The emphasis of this course is on PRACTICAL activity and you will have support in the following areas:
- Designing your improvement project
- Implementing the Model for Improvement and PDSA cycles
- Understanding and practicing the QI techniques relevant to your improvement project
- Measurement for improvement: understanding how and deciding what to measure so that you know your improvement has made a difference
- Creating improvement project posters
- Submitting abstracts for the IHI/BMJ International forum for Quality and Safety in Healthcare and presenting posters
Meet your instructors
Learn from improvement science specialists with practical experience in healthcare