Improve ONE thing: Paediatrics
East of England, Autumn 2020
Online space opens from 20th September 2021, online learning 27th September 2021
- 1st Virtual Workshop: Thursday 11th November 2021 9.15 – 13.00
- 2nd Virtual Workshop: Thursday 13th January 2022: 9.15 – 13.00
Online space closes 7th March 2022
Online with coaching support
Aligned to RCPCH curriculum
Improve ONE thing: Paediatric QI change champions – is an innovative course designed for professionals at the East of England. QIClearn brings together paediatric trainees, consultants, nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals with patients and their carers.
Working alongside each other QIClearn will support you to design, test and implement meaningful improvements in 18 weeks. The Improve ONE thing ethos is about providing the right balance of theory and practice. So, we focus on the practical elements of improvement science and how improvement works on the ground in your healthcare context.
This approach is supplemented by online learning which is designed to be ‘bite-sized’ and manageable for busy professionals. Our instructors will support you to identify and describe a problem that you would like to work on, practice using quality improvement tools and techniques, implement small cycles of change and measure whether your changes have made a difference to patient care.
Your work will be supported by a group of mentors who have experience in using quality improvement methods in paediatric services. Their local expertise is also invaluable to the long-term sustainability of your improvements.
- Learn by working on a QI project of your choice, step-by-step
- Bite-sized learning to put theory into action
- Access via mobile devices at times that suit you
- Download tools and templates to your chosen device
- Gain experience points and chart your progress on the leadership board!
- Designing your improvement project
- Implementing the Model for Improvement and PDSA cycles
- Understanding and practicing the QI techniques relevant to your improvement project
- Measurement for improvement: understanding how and deciding what to measure so that you know your improvement has made a difference
- Creating improvement project posters
- Submitting abstracts for the IHI/BMJ International forum for Quality and Safety in Healthcare and presenting posters
- Present at national and international conferences
- Publish Case studies and papers
- Evidence your CPD portfolio
- Enhance your CV
- Take a step towards becoming a QI mentor
- Become an East of England QI Change Champion
- Make improvements for the children you care for throughout your career!
This programme is open to paediatric trainees supported by the East of England and consultants, qualified nurses, pharmacists, allied healthcare professionals, patients and carers from across your region.
Anyone who wants to become an East of England Change Champion.
Anyone who wants to grow their confidence to mentor others participating in QI.
Completion of this programme evidences QI Level 1 and 2 in the RCPCH Progress Curriculum. It can also be used to evidence Quality Improvement for CPD, accreditation and re-validation purposes.
Improve ONE thing: Paediatric QI change champions EoE.
Price: £780 inc VAT
Registration opens soon.
Meanwhile, please complete the form opposite to register your interest.
For East of England Trainees this course forms part of your approved study list
This programme is bought to you by QIClearn
Please note our Terms & Conditions before booking
Meet your instructors
Learn from improvement science specialists with practical experience of supporting change in childrens’ services
Find out more about Nicola.